The MPAc program combines a solid foundation in accounting with courses that build professional skills. This professionally managed program can be completed in as little as two full-time semesters [summer/summer, summer/fall, fall/spring, or spring/summer].
The MPAc program can be completed with a tax concentration which is designed for students who want to combine advanced accounting courses with courses in taxation. This program can be completed in as little as two full-time semesters [summer/fall or summer/summer].
The MPAc program can also be completed with an analytics concentration which is designed for students who want to combine advanced accounting courses with additional courses in data analytics. This option can be completed in as few as two full-time semesters using a spring /summer plan.
The MPAc program requires the completion of 30 credits which help to satisfy the 150 hour requirement for CPA licensure, while preparing graduates for successful careers in accounting.
The learning goals of the Master of Professional Accountancy program are:
Analyze accounting situations
- Recognize accounting issues in business situations
- Identify relevant accounting issues and
- Compare merits of alternatives.
- Develop appropriate recommendations
- Recognize current professional standards and/or practices and
- Form reasonable conclusions.
Demonstrate effective communication skills for professional accountancy
- Effectively write in an accounting context.
- Effectively speak in an accounting context.
Research contemporary accounting topics
- Demonstrate an ability to locate relevant professional standards and practices for guidance.
- Identify appropriate keywords to search for current literature.
- Interpret and explain discipline-based research.
Show effective leadership skills
- Demonstrate project leadership skills.
- Apply effective governance principles for accountability.
|Preparing for MPAc Success|
|Data Management for Analytics|
|Data Visualization and Text Mining|
|Data Mining and Predictive Analytics|
Select 6 from the following courses:
|Advanced Assurance and Professional Oversight|
|Corporate Governance in the 21st Century|
|Project Management for Accounting Leadership|
|Government and Not-For-Profit Accounting|
|Research and Communication|
|Management Control Systems|
|Accounting for Income Taxes|