The Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences is designed to provide students with a fully integrated and comprehensive curriculum to prepare students for a variety of careers within the health sciences and healthcare sector. The program core which fuses courses in the sciences, communication and psychology will expose students to the multiple facets of health and introduce them to a variety of careers in health care and related professions. Depending on interest and career aspirations students will then select upper-level courses that are aligned with one of our three tailored tracks (general health sciences, behavioral health, and health promotion) that will provide the courses required for admission to graduate level clinical and non-clinical programs as well as the employment sector.
Our unique emphasis on interdisciplinary study and the tailored tracks coupled with expert faculty and the infusion of experiential learning opportunities, gives students the flexibility to explore different facets of health-related professions. This combined with the core business skills a Bryant education provides will equip students with a truly unique skill set enabling them to solve problems and be successful in multiple areas of the health industry.
The program coordinator and designated faculty mentors will provide the counseling required for students to select courses and explore career opportunities in this expansive and lucrative sector.
Students in the Health Sciences major will:
- Explain the socio-economic, behavioral, biological, environmental, and other factors that impact human health and contribute to health disparities.
- Communicate effectively on a variety of topics related to health and health care.
- Demonstrate content knowledge in the health sciences.
- Describe the basic concepts, methods, and tools of public health data collection, use and analysis.
- Design a project that uses the fundamental concepts of program implementation including planning, assessment, and evaluation to address a public health challenge.
- Gain a comprehensive and holistic perspective of health which will prepare them to successfully enter a variety of health-related careers and gain acceptance to graduate programs.
Christopher Morse, Professor
Heather Pond Lacey