Other Programs 2023-2024 Edition

Army ROTC Program

Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps scholarships are available on a competitive basis to qualified Bryant students. Each scholarship recipient receives the full value of tuition and fees per year plus an annual book allowance, academic fees, and a monthly stipend from the ROTC command. Scholarships are available for two, three, and four-year terms. In return, scholarship recipients enter into a contractual arrangement with the United States Army, agreeing to accept an Army commission as a Second Lieutenant.

The government-funded ROTC scholarship will cover the direct cost of tuition and fees assessed by the University in both the fall and spring terms. For ROTC scholarship recipients who also reside on campus, Bryant provides institutional grant funds that cover the direct costs of room and board assessed by the University during the fall and/or spring semesters. Bryant funds cannot be awarded retroactively. For information regarding the amount and conditions of this supplemental fund, contact the Office of Financial Aid at (401) 232-6020.

Army ROTC Tuition Assistance

Any qualified student who enters the Army ROTC Advanced Course and agrees to accept an Army commission as a Second Lieutenant receives a tax-free stipend for each school month during the Advanced Course. This stipend is given to all ROTC Advanced Course students and is not related to the Army ROTC Scholarship Program.

National Guard Tuition Assistance

Members of the National Guard may qualify for state-sponsored tuition assistance programs. They also may qualify for Army ROTC tuition assistance benefits under provisions of the Army ROTC Simultaneous Memberships Program. Students interested in this program should contact their State Adjutant General’s Office or the Bryant University ROTC Office.

Private Programs

Many private philanthropic organizations, foundations, and corporations provide scholarships, grants, loans, and employment opportunities to college students. Local sponsors of such programs include service organizations such as Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions Club, the American Legion, and parent-teacher groups. These sources can represent significant resources to the student. Federal aid applicants are obligated to report the receipt of all such awards to the Office of Financial Aid at Bryant.

State Scholarship and Grant Programs

A very limited number of states also offer financial assistance to students. These state programs are generally in the form of grants, and eligibility requirements vary widely among the states. Specific programs and application information on individual state programs may be obtained from the administrative state agencies themselves.

Veterans Administration Educational Benefits

There are many Veterans Administration programs available to eligible veterans and/or their dependents. Students should contact their local Veterans Administration Office Coordinator if they believe they may be eligible for assistance in any of the following categories:

  1. Children, spouses, widows, or widowers of veterans who died or were permanently/totally disabled in - or as a result of  - service in the armed forces of the United States.
  2. Children of servicemen or servicewomen, missing in action, or prisoners of war for more than 90 days.
  3. Qualified veterans who were on continuous active duty for at least 181 days ending after January 1, 1965, or people currently on active duty.

*Veterans or designated dependents who are 100 percent eligible for Chapter 33 post-9/11 benefits may qualify to participate in the Bryant University Yellow Ribbon Program.

Note: Once approved, a copy of the student's Certificate of Eligibility must be received in order to properly determine the level of funding.  The student's enrollment will not be verified with the VA until this document is received.

Vocational Rehabilitation

A vocational rehabilitation program operates in every state to help disabled people return to productive activity. In certain cases, the vocational rehabilitation agency will help a disabled student pay for college expenses. If a student receives payment from Vocational Rehabilitation, Manpower Development, or from similar assistance programs, the full value of such payments must be recognized as a resource in the financial aid process.