Student Housing/Residence Life 2023-2024 Edition

Bryant offers resident students a wide range of housing options, from suite-style living to townhouse apartments to the traditional residence halls of the First-Year Complex.

Housing is limited to full-time undergraduate students, i.e. those taking 12 credit hours or more per semester. Exceptions will be reviewed by the Assistant Vice President for Student Life.

The Office of Residential Life is comprised of both professional and para-professional student staff (Resident Assistants (RAs)). Both the RAs and the professional staff help students resolve personal and residence-related concerns. In the First-Year Complex, the Suite Village, and the Townhouses, a live-in Community Director oversees the activities of Resident Assistants, and is responsible for the well-being of the resident students.

Community living requires that large numbers of students observe the rights of others living in close proximity. Thus, there are specific regulations listed in the Student Handbook pertaining to those students living in University residence halls.

First-Year Complex

Tailored specifically to meet the social and academic needs of new students, the First-Year Complex consists of three residence halls, and they house approximately 300 students each. Bristol House includes the Women’s Living-Learning Community, a multi-year program that provides women-identified students critical skills and approaches to become successful leaders. Warren House is the location for the Honors Living Learning Community which first-year honors students can select to live in the community. Live-in Community Directors supervise the activities of Resident Assistants and coordinate diverse programming efforts.

Suite Village

Open to upperclassmen, the Village consists of 13 four-story, brick residence halls accommodating 1,100 students. Each suite consists of a living room, bathroom, and three double bedrooms. There are a small number of two- and four-person suites.

Newport House

Newport House, while part of suite village, is unique. Newport House is a five floor, co-educational hall consisting of 6 & 7-person suites. The building accommodates 200 students in suites with 3 double rooms or 2 double rooms and a triple room, a common living room, as well as a common bathroom. This style of bathroom is divided into 2 separate shower rooms, and one bathroom with a sink and toilet. The lobby serves as a common area for the entire Suite Village Community and is fully equipped with vending, television, a seating area, and a café/dining area.  

Townhouse Apartments

A limited number of seniors live in the two-story townhouse apartments, which consist of single and double bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, dining area, and fully equipped kitchen. While each apartment has complete cooking facilities, students may purchase a meal plan. Seniors with an SCN of 5 or higher are eligible to participate in a housing lottery for townhouse housing.

Residence Hall Reservations

To reserve on-campus housing, each new or returning student must submit a housing application form online and pay the residence hall deposit by a deadline announced each year. Incoming students new to the University receive residence hall application information when they make their deposit to attend Bryant.

Current residents must make an advance room reservation deposit of $300 in February of the current academic year. (This deposit does not apply to incoming new students, as their deposit to the institution includes their housing deposit.) By submitting this deposit by the stated deadline and following the appropriate procedure, a student is allowed to participate in the housing lottery process for the forthcoming year.

Room Occupancy

Room assignments and information on the time and date set for room occupancy will be emailed approximately three weeks before the beginning of the academic year. Those arriving at an earlier time should arrange for overnight accommodations at nearby motels and hotels.

All residence and dining halls close for the Thanksgiving, and for winter and spring vacations, during semester breaks, and at other times set by the University. During the closings, the University will make arrangements to accommodate only students who demonstrate that it is imperative that they remain on campus.


The University provides a single bed with a mattress, a desk and chair, a chest of drawers, and one closet for each student. Students are expected to provide personal articles including a desk lamp, bed sheets and bedspread (extra-long twin size), mattress cover, pillow, pillowcases, blankets, and towels.


Laundry is free for all residential students and available within their residence hall.

Residence Hall Wireless Internet

Wireless internet is available in Bryant’s residence halls. In addition, The Douglas and Judith Krupp Library catalog can be accessed via the network. Support of the Residence Hall computer network is provided through Laptop Central.

Meal Plans and Bulldog Bucks Usage

Meal plans are required of all resident students living in all areas of the campus except the Townhouses, which provide cooking facilities. The complete Bryant University Meal Plan Policy can be found in the Bryant University Student Handbook.